Sunday, June 17, 2007

I learned today that I can knit in the car, sometimes. I am a notoriously bad traveler. I get carsick reading maps. I am ok if I am the driver but I am an awful passenger. Today, Father's Day, we took Peter Kevin to Smithville Inn for brunch. It was a lovely day, hot and sunny with a nice breeze. Hot enough to make our ice cream melt all over but not so hot we couldn't walk around. Kate and Emily had fun riding the carousel. You can't see it but Kate is on an emu. It was a small carousel but very beautiful. During the ride down I worked on sock 2 of the waving laces pattern and didn't get sick once. Some kind of miracle was occuring. I usually can't knit too much on the train to work. Maybe the ride is too bumpy. I know I have a lot of trouble keeping the stitches on the needles while on the train. I do it anyway because people always ask what I am doing and I can spread the knitting gospel.
Happy Father's Day to all the fathers out there (and mothers who fill in for absent fathers).
PS Thanks Bells for showing me how to set up the links!

3 comments:

Amy Lane said...

Very cool...you know, I've knit on a train twice--socks, not so much--I literally think it's stitch size...maybe a sweater or a scarf? I'm just like you--a really bad traveler, but if the stitch pattern is easy, I can knit in the car:-) (Hope yo ur weather is good...happy graduation to your graduate!)

Bells said...

i have never had anyone ever ask me what I'm doing when knitting on the bus, in a crowd or anywhere! So even if i was doing it evangelically, it wouldn't work!

ps you're most welcome.

Kristi said...

I can only sometimes knit on the lightrail to and from work. I can't knit in the car either; I get sick. :/

Happy Sunday!  I am sitting here working on my sweater made with the cashmere yarn my husband gave me for my birthday last year. I’m further...