Wednesday, October 3, 2018

It’s October

What is a blog for?

I have been thinking about this for a while as I thought about whether there is any reason to continue to write and share in this space.  When I started, I used the space to talk about my knitting.  I was brand spanking new and was so proud when I finished anything (especially my first pair of striped socks, you’d have thought I invented them) that I had to share it with folks who would get it.

I talk about my family and what they mean to me and things we are going through.  This allowed me to get opinions and ideas from other people and look at things a bit differently.  Someone once said it was like getting together for a nice cup of tea and having a chat.  I like that idea and wish I could do that more often.

I guess it’s been like an edited diary that I have used to document events and share them.  “Edited” because I have always felt that although this is a place to talk honestly, there are some thoughts that should be kept to oneself.  Just because I think it doesn’t mean I have to say it.  

And now here I am.  Not much has changed.  I am still a knitter who likes to try new things and learn new things.  I have been spinning more and using my handspun to make things.  I am slow and don’t work well with deadlines.  I don’t do contests (like SockWars) anymore, I don’t promise anything I may not be able to finish.  And I don’t push myself to work quicker.  I’m older and have more patience.

I still have a dozen things otn at a time and that’s ok.  Usually that includes 3 or 4 pairs of socks, a shawl or scarf, a blanket or a sweater for my grandson.  Yep.  I am a grandmother.  James was born in March and has quickly become the second man in my life.

Being a grandmother has been such a joy.  We have Jamie days on the second Sunday of every month.  We pick him up in the morning and then keep him all day.  He usually falls asleep on his grandfather and they nap together.  He is beautiful and brilliant (of course) and just a happy little boy.

I have also grown all the hair dye out of my hair and now have snow white hair.  Snow white until Kate gets to work with the hair colors.
I have done this all summer and have had such a good time with my rainbow hair.
It fades out to pastel colors and is gone within a month.  We have a date for this Saturday.

My cataract surgery was a sucess and my vision is pretty good, as long as I’m wearing my glasses.  I have managed to lose 45 pounds and my diabetes is under good control.  I miss being able to eat what I want when I want it (and as much as I want) but I have felt so much better and that is worth it.  I do eat sweets, just fewer and if I am going to eat the carbs they have to be GOOD carbs!

My family is doing well.  I’m pulling out the decorations for the holidays.  First Hallowe’en and then Thanksgiving and then Christmas.  Only 12 weeks til Christmas.  I have a few presents planned and will hopefully get them done.  I am not that ambitious but I do like to give handmade gifts.  My latest handmade gift was a baby surprise jacket.  What a fun pattern!  I used Lion Brand Mandala and while I liked it for it’s durability, I’m not sure I like the way it feels when it’s knit up.
I got the buttons on amazon.  

I’m still working at the same place, and still like my job.  It keeps me on my toes.  In a month, I’ll be 61.  How weird is that?  I am getting to be a Little Old Lady and I am ok with that.  Next week Peter Kevin and I will celebrate our 37th anniversary.  We are lucky and we know it.  We have a life that brings us joy and what more can you really ask for?

Watch this space.......

Good things are bound to happen.





11 comments:

kayT said...

It's good to hear from you (not that you know me since I am only an invisible friend!) and also that good things have been happening. That's a very cute baby. And I love your rainbow hair. I have silver hair and would love to at least put some blue streaks in it but haven't gotten the nerve yet. I'm glad your life is going well. Congratulations on the weight loss and general healthiness!

Olivia said...

Congratulations on your grandson! And your hair is looking great.

Saren Johnson said...

Nice to know you're doing good. What a cute grand baby.

Congrats on the weight loss. I know what a struggle that can be.

Galad said...

I've been checking your blog to see if you were writing again. Glad to see you back! What an adorable baby! And such a blessing to have him near you. You are looking good and I love the color streaks.

Alex Warn said...

The Protein Pantry diet is a weight loss protocol that consists of 4 phases, andfocuses on the menu planto help you achieve your desired weight. Vexgen Keto Reviews The program is designed to teach dieters how to make smarter food choices, so they can achieve a lifetime of healthy living.

Alex Warn said...

Sexual pleasure is one of the greatest gifts for human beings. Just as a man is attracted to the size of mammary gland Primal Pro XR of the female, a female finds satisfaction with the penis. However, the male enhancement pills give men the vital opportunity to have a pleasurable sexual life.

Alex Warn said...

Simply eating less everyday may cause you to lose weight but in order to know that you're eating less you either need to go on a strict regimented planned out diet or count calories in everything you eat. Biofluxe Keto Who wants to do that? So often times men will try something else that actually won't work for very long: they'll stop eating. They'll skip meals during the day and only eat at night in what they think is going to cause them to drop a few pounds.

Alex Warn said...

Prior to actually using erection pills, it's essential to check what its ingredients are. Most of the enlargement capsules are made Horsepower Plus from natural herbs to reduce any negative effects, if any. These plant extracts are popular to be really potent in increasing the size of a man's male organ.

Alex Warn said...

In the beginning you will experience very rapid weight loss only for the scale to end up static at a set weight without lowering any more. What happened was that as your body was getting rid of those initial pounds, it was slowly getting accustomed to your new diet and exercise habits. Rapid Trim 24/7 Once your body got used to the new routine, your weight loss all but ceased. This situation is commonly known as weight loss plateau and when a person gets to this stage, this is about the time any diets for quick weight loss generally go out the window.

Alex Warn said...

Have Morning Sex: Simple erection can cause circulation of the hormone considerably. Having a morning sex is an excellent idea to bring the flow of testosterone a boost. The post-dawn sex or pre-dawn sex Male Ultracore, whatever may, doing sex frequently, is a good idea of natural ways to beat low testosterone in a more acceptable way.

Anonymous said...

Subsequently, after spending many hours on scr888 hack app download the internet at last We've uncovered an individual that definitely does know what they are discussing many thanks

a great deal wonderful post.

Happy Sunday!  I am sitting here working on my sweater made with the cashmere yarn my husband gave me for my birthday last year. I’m further...