Sunday, October 7, 2007



This was a lovely weekend weather wise. Too bad I can't remember much of it. By Friday night I had turned the heel and picked up the gusset stitches and started the foot of my sock. It looks really nice and I am proud of it. I am especially proud that the gusset turned out like the photo said it should. The bottom of the foot is striping up nicely and all seems well. Saturday morning I woke up with the nasty, sore throat, mucus-filled chest that is a sure sign that I am developing bronchitis. I know this because bronchitis and I are old friends. Maybe friends is too strong a word, say, cough syrup drinking-buddies. Along with the mucus, etc. comes a lethargy that is so hard to kick. I managed to do the laundry but that is about it. I sat out front with the intention of enjoying the warm weather and knitting but I think I slept on and off most of the day. I don't quite remember. We watched a terrible disaster movie and I went to bed and slept 11 hours. I got up, ate breakfast and you guessed it, went back to sleep for a few hours. I am trying to stay awake because I want to sleep tonight so I can go to work tomorrow and be coherent. I wish we had off like the federal government and the schools. It is Columbus Day and all, but we are a HEALTHCARE ORGANIZATION (cue dramatic music)! Someone might NEED us!!!! I think I would like to go back to sleep again. My eyelids are slowly sinking, sinking, sinking...I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

17 comments:

amy said...

I hope you feel better soon. It sounds like you're doing the best thing possible, all that sleeping.

Your sock is BEAUTIFUL! Great job!!

Georgie said...

Poor mite...hope youre feeling human again soon.

Olivia said...

that is a spectacular sock!

Yeah, let yourself sleep, it's the best way to get better quickly, plus you don't have to spend so much time feeling yuck while you're conscious!

teabird said...

The sock is gorgeous - now you drink some tea and REST.

Sheepish Annie said...

Too bad about that three day weekend...it sounds like you could use it! But, the sock is looking pretty darned good despite your condition. Nicely done!

Take care of yourself.

Rose Red said...

Your sock looks GREAT! Love that striped foot - must learn how to do that...one day (fair isle scares me more than anything else in knitting!)

Denise said...

Your sock is just stunning, beautiful work.

I hope you're feeling better soon, rest up and sleep :)

Anonymous said...

Get well soon. x

Mistrmi said...

Healing thoughts being sent your way. Save your strength --- that other sock is going to need you!

Alwen said...

My sympathies -- I am just over a cold and having a chest full of goo.

But the sock, the sock is a thing of beauty!

Bezzie said...

I could have taken today off, but meh, it's Columbus day. I've never had it off--why start now?

Hope you feel better.

And man your socks look SO much better than the model socks in the mag. I couldn't stand the mag pictures but yours--WOW!

MadMad said...

Hope you're feeling better soon - the sock looks amazing!

Michele said...

yes, hope you feel better fast. but maybe you should take a sick day. or two.

roxie said...

Awesome socks!

When I go to a health-care professional, I don't want to be catching a cold from her. What are you thinking? Stay home!!

Em said...

Poor nice lady! Here's hoping you feel better soon, and that this is just a relatively quick cold. At least your loving family banded together and handled all the housework this weekend. Keep resting!

The sock is just amazing. It's soft and pretty and squishy and will look so, so nice on your footses.

Amy Lane said...

I hope you feel better myself--and I second em's opinion--what a wonderful sock! (And what a nice family, to get together and take care of everything for you:-)

Anonymous said...

The socks are amazing!! Love the colors.
Hope you feel better!

Happy Sunday!  I am sitting here working on my sweater made with the cashmere yarn my husband gave me for my birthday last year. I’m further...