Monday, August 27, 2007



I definitely think I have earned this badge. I knit on the train and have had folks sit and watch me knit and just before they get off, they ask, "what are you knitting"? I proudly share whichever sock I am working on at the time (they are always socks on the train, no room for anything else). I also knit at lunch and am teaching some of my folks in my social rehab group how to knit. I am slowly spreading the word....

The photo session went well. They made my short reddish brown hair slightly curly and pretty. And I had on more makeup at one time than I think I have worn in my entire lifetime, all together! When I looked in the mirror, I was floored. I never wear much makeup, just enough to protect my skin and cover skin flaws. This was strange. I didn't recognize me in the mirror. They reassured me that in order for my features to show up in the photos, they had to put that much makeup on me. It was not ugly, just heavy handed. And those red lips.....how did women manage to keep the lipstick off their teeth? The photographer managed to get some garter shots without showing off the cellulite on the back of my thighs (thanks celeste!). In about 2 weeks the photos will be available for me to view online and I can choose the pose I like and she will touch them up and I can frame them for Peter Kevin. It will be just in time for our anniversary. It was an adventure and I know he is pleased I did it.

8 comments:

teabird said...

How funny - more makeup than you ever wore in your life! I can relate to that - except for two brief spells, I've never worn makeup (in 56 years, and no, I can't say I look great despite it!), and when I did, I never could keep it off my teeth!

Amy Lane said...

You will probably be surprised to see the goddess you always knew you were, looking out at you from the photos!!!

Yeah--yarn club is a good place to get rid of my acryllic yarn... last year we donated 18 blankets to project linus, but 12 of those were made by the same mother/daughter team!

Em said...

I'll bet you look fantastic, nice lady. I can't wait to see the pictures!

Sheepish Annie said...

It's funny...I don't really knit everywhere. I'm more of a "private knitter." I think it's because I live alone and can knit whenever I want to right here. I do have projects that I take for boredom prevention. But only if I know that the potential for knitting time is there.

Anonymous said...

hey that's great about teaching some of the people in your group to knit.

today i was knitting in public and a rather shy woman approached me with questions about it. as we talked she told me about a knitting group she once belonged to. she sighed and said it had been a lifesaver.

glad the photo shoot went well.

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to read that you enjoyed the photo shoot! It sounds like fun.

Donna said...

What an adventure! I am crazy about the 1940's and I'll be willing to bet you will look like a pin-up queen. Your husband is a gem....I KIP and I very seldom get questions. People must think I am a throwback. But I will tell you that I have taught about 30 little girls to knit at my knitting club at the library. They love it and always come in to show me their progress.

Denise said...

Good on you for doing the photo shoot - it can be a really great experience :) I once did a NUDE photo shoot with my Dotter (when she was about 9) for an exhibition by a woman photographer about women's bodies and self-image, celebrating all the shapes we are - it was a really liberating experience!

Love that badge, by the way!

Happy Sunday!  I am sitting here working on my sweater made with the cashmere yarn my husband gave me for my birthday last year. I’m further...