Saturday, June 16, 2007



Do you see this? Do you know what it is? It is sock no. 1 of the waving laces pattern. It took forever and I didn't make it as long in the leg as the pattern calls for because Emily doesn't like tall socks. Its sibling sock is in the starter stages. I cast on earlier and have finished the cuff and am ready to start the leg pattern. This was the first time I used the kitchener stitch toe and I really like the way it looks when it is done. I finished the sock at night and was trying to get the colors right because they are so pretty. I think these are pretty close but I had to put the sock on top of my clock radio right under the bed lamp to get enough light! From now on, photos get taken during the daylight hours. The important thing is that Em likes her sock.

Tomorrow we are going to the Smithville Inn for brunch for Dad's Day. Peter Kevin likes the place and it is his day. He and I went there last October for our 25th anniversary. It is a restored Inn and shops. You can buy local wines and foods and other crafty goodies. I am looking forward to it. Unfortunately, it is supposed to be in the 90's tomorrow. I'll take my camera and try to get some photos of the beautiful grounds.

5 comments:

Bells said...

great looking sock Donna! Very, very cool. I believe I was just looking at that pattern today at SnB. It's really very effective.

Oh and I love your meez!! I'm still yet to find the knitting action on the site.

Susan Pandorf said...

Nice sock, Donna. You were obviously willing to part with a few coins to get your avatar to knit. I was too cheap! I don;t understand why some things on meez.com are free and some aren't. What? They figure knitters are such an obsessed lot that they can charge us for it? Where on earth did they get that idea?

Blessings!

Amy Lane said...

oooh... is that the one from the Interweave book? I'm so jealous...I've been wanting to make that one forever...looks fabu!

Johnna said...

I love your sock! It makes me want to start on a pair myself. I'm still fighting with my flame wave socks, but the waving lace are definitely going to be the next ones to be cast on.

Susan Pandorf said...

Yes Donna Lee, the shawl is round. That's one of the reasons I chose it.

Blessings

Happy Sunday!  I am sitting here working on my sweater made with the cashmere yarn my husband gave me for my birthday last year. I’m further...