This is what was in the box. Lots of pieces and bubble wrap and styrofoam peanuts. We quickly unpacked the lot and were trying to figure out which piece went where (the directions were a bit sketchy) when Peter Kevin rode up on his bike and rescued us. He is really good at putting things together. He and Kate figured the whole thing out and Voila! There she was. After much poking and prodding we figured out where some pieces were in wrong and then PK glued on the legs. We stopped long enough to eat some sandwiches for dinner and then pulled out some roving we just happened to have lying around.
Because the wheel is not new, there are some adjustments we'll need to make but it seems to work. We played with some wool for a while but I have a nasty sinus headache and concentrating on what I was doing was too hard for now. Kate will play tomorrow while I am at work. And then I will come home and play some more. I look forward to a really steep learning curve here.
I finished one of the Annetrelac socks. I'm not sure how I feel about them. Elanor really likes them so they may be a birthday gift for her in September. Or maybe I'll just give them to her now. I'm not good with the whole "make gifts ahead of time and wait to give them" thing. I like the colors in the yarn but I'm not sure how I feel about the design. The sock has a stitch count of 72 for the cast on. That is whittled down to 48 for the cuff and then the other stitches are picked up for the foot. 72 stitches for the foot seemed too many so I decreased across the top of the foot as well as at the gusset until I was down to 66. Only 6 stitches but it made a difference.
Tomorrow I call the hospital and find out what time my "procedure" is scheduled for on Monday. I'm hoping it's early in the morning so we can get it over with. I have grocery shopping and laundry to do this weekend and I am treating myself to a haircut tomorrow afternoon and a mani/pedi appointment. I want to look lovely while I recuperate!