Sunday, November 8, 2009

It's Sunday late afternoon.  I made sausage gravy and biscuits for breakfast and then did 6 loads of laundry (3 of which have still have to be folded and put away).  I spun and knitted and then fell asleep at every opportunity.  For some reason, everytime I sat down, I fell asleep.  I didn't realize I was so tired. 

We had dinner with Em and Jim last night.  Em made beef stew that was yummy and we had ice cream cake (also yummy).  Jim gave me some pretty yarn in a soft grey color.  A bamboo and angora blend.  I think it'll make a lovely lacey scarf.

Kate and I signed up for Sock Wars.  I have no illusions about winning or even lasting past the first round.  I'll probably get a person (I was going to say woman but there are men in the competition), who doesn't work and has lots of time to stay home and knit as my assassin.  The downside?  I lose early.  The upside?  I get a pair of handknit socks!  How is that a bad thing?  The signups are open until January.  As of today, there are 80 combatants.  I think it'll be fun.
Anyone else interested? 

3 comments:

Kaye said...

It is early and I read that as "Spock Wars" and couldn't figure it out!

roxie said...

No socks for me. don't know why sock knitting is such a turn-off for me.

Sounds like a fabulous birthday dinner. Jim is a good man. Bamboo and angora must feel divine!

TinkingBell said...

You are so brave (I think it is the postage to Aus that would knock me out!) Glad you had a nice birthday and a great dinner!

Happy Sunday!  I am sitting here working on my sweater made with the cashmere yarn my husband gave me for my birthday last year. I’m further...