Saturday, January 9, 2010

As you go through your day doing all kinds of Saturday stuff (around here that usually includes chores and laundry and shopping but also some time for fun), remember to take time to be good to yourself.  Give yourself an extra minute to enjoy a blue sky, a flower, a nice cup of tea, a conversation with a friend, a hug from a loved one.  Whatever floats your boat.

You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.


-Buddha

Namaste
 (I bow to you. The light within me honors the light within you.)

4 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

It's so easy to forget that the chores will always be there but that opportunities to be good to yourself are few. Thanks for the reminder!

roxie said...

YAY! Good reminder! And if you take a few seconds out of every hour to be kind to yourself, it gets to be a habit. This is a good thing!

Bells said...

yes, you're quite right. Excellent point!

Julia G said...

Thanks for the reminder to slow down and live in the moment -- so easy to forget this time of year. And thank you for your thoughtful, funny, honest writing -- it has brightened my year. Namaste!

Happy Sunday!  I am sitting here working on my sweater made with the cashmere yarn my husband gave me for my birthday last year. I’m further...