Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I have been following with interest the steeked jacket kal and am in awe of the needlework. I have never tried anything that complicated and I am envious. I guess I will have to teach myself (using Julie's great instructions) to try something like that. I have been looking for a knitting group in south jersey but they do not seem to exist. It would be nice to have others to talk to when I have problems or want to learn a new technique. Learning from books and online is ok but doesn't beat having a human teacher.
I came home early today, some stomach bug. At first I thought it was from all the mucus from my allergies but I feel shaky and have chills/warm spells. I am thinking virus. Ewww.
Because I didn't read the instructions for my daughter's sock, we are starting over with a new pattern. Four needles holding stitches. I thought 3 was a lot to get started but balancing 4 seems much more difficult. (I know it's only one more but still....)

1 comment:

Michele said...

Donna Lee, Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog and for explaining 'sea change'. You're right sea change is different than regular change.

I hope you find a knitting group. And that you make out okay with the extra sock needle. Some people actually do use only 3 needles for socks.

Michele

Happy Sunday!  I am sitting here working on my sweater made with the cashmere yarn my husband gave me for my birthday last year. I’m further...