Sunday, May 27, 2007

I am knitting away on daughter2's socks and the waving lace pattern is really pretty. Although I think the lacy bits would show better in plain yarn. Here's a photo of what they look like


Today is smack dab in the middle of Memorial Day weekend. I am trying to keep thoughts of soldiers, sailors, marines, national guardsmen(women) and others who have given (or had taken from them) their lives for our "freedom". I am not sure how fighting "insurgents" in Iraq is protecting my freedom but I respect the men and women who are doing it at great personal cost. On another political front (I guess national patriotic holidays bring out the politica in me) I was disconcerted to realize my country would not necessarily take me in if I were an potential imigrant. I am too old and while I am good at my job, I don't have what they would consider marketable skills.



My wonderful husband is outside "mucking out" our pool. Of course, the weather is hot and as humid as possible. I am so lucky. All I have to do is help when needed. I hate getting in to clean it out but I love coming home on a hot day and jumping in.

I hope everyone is having a peaceful Memorial Day. Remember someone in your thoughts today and send some good karma to our military.

3 comments:

Michele said...

i love the waves in those socks! can you tell me which pattern you're using. thanks.

Donna Lee said...

Michele,
The pattern is Waving Lace from Interweave Knits 25 favorite socks. The yarn is from castle fibers and is the april sock of the month yarn.
donna lee

Michele said...

donna thanks for the pattern reference. amazon just sent me an e-mail about this book, funny timing eh.

starting the knitting again is no fun. anyone who does it deserves gold stars.

hope your group goes well.

Happy Sunday!  I am sitting here working on my sweater made with the cashmere yarn my husband gave me for my birthday last year. I’m further...