Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Back to work today. I hate the fact that I kept thinking it was Monday and it threw me off all day. I have a group tomorrow and fortunately, I have the morning to prepare for it. We often fly by the seat of our pants in community mental health.

I had to rip out the waving lace sock after I had already turned the heel and was working on the foot. My daughter asked to try it on and it didn't fit! We started to look at the sizes of the feet in the patterns and it seems we have very large feet (who knew?). Daughter2 has long feet but they are very thin and the socks were too tight. The pattern looks beautiful stretched out but there was no way she would be able to wear them. I am starting over (argh) with larger needles in the hopes of making them big enough. I won't do so much this time before I have her try them on. The socks I made for my other two girls fit just fine.

Daughter3 has started her own socks. She bought some beautiful yellow/green/blue yarn from tofutsies and is working on the leg. I am so proud.
donna lee

2 comments:

Susan Pandorf said...

Back at ya! Thanks for reading my blog and good luck with yours. Keep at it with the socks. I just knit my very first sock last Xmas and I am hooked - instant gratification for a relatively small investment.
Balancing the needles gets easier. If not, try the magic loop system. A lot of people seem to like that, although I prefer my trusty DPNs.

Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Well said.

Happy Sunday!  I am sitting here working on my sweater made with the cashmere yarn my husband gave me for my birthday last year. I’m further...