Thursday, May 31, 2007

Prom night tomorrow. My d3 is not one for dressing up and wearing makeup. I made her a beautiful dress last year for a different dance and she is wearing it again. She looks so lovely in it and it's not uncomfortable, the cardinal sin of clothing.

I am starting to think of these waving laces socks as the socks from hell. Because they didn't fit, I ripped them out and started over with larger needles and it looks like these will fit. However, after doing several rows on the train on the way home (the pattern is easy enough to do on the train) I realized I am missing 2 stitches. I can't find them and now will have to rip out enough rows to find them again. I guess they just wandered off. I do like how the socks look and I hope my daughter appreciates this. She said she would wear them even if it's 90 degrees by the time I get done. She is a good kid.

Our pool is clean but the water is cold!!!! Because we just finished filling it, it hasn't had time to warm up. It is not hot enough for me to jump into the icy water. It seems odd to read blogs from folks in the southern hemisphere who are wearing sweaters and being cold. It is finally summer here and we are dealing with the heat. photos will follow when the mosquito population is low enough so I can get out there without being the main course at a banquet.

After reading someone else's musings about who reads (or doesn't read) her blog, I got to thinking why I write the blog at all. I have no idea if anyone is reading and I guess I would like to think that someone is, somewhere but I write for me because I want to connect with the world. I read other blogs because I like to know what other folks are doing. Does that make me nosey? Maybe. But I learn from others and I like to think that I can always learn something new.

1 comment:

Susan Pandorf said...

D3 looks lovely! Thanks for the answer - couldn't for the life of me rememberthe name of that show.

Blessings and thanks for reading and commenting.

p.s. I got a camera! Hope it's not as hard to operate as the thermostat!

Happy Sunday!  I am sitting here working on my sweater made with the cashmere yarn my husband gave me for my birthday last year. I’m further...