Monday, June 25, 2007




These are finished waving laces socks on Emily's feet. It's hard to see the stitch pattern but you can get a sense of the openness and the color. She is very happy with them and so am I. For some reason I had a very difficult time with this pattern even though it is not really hard. I think part of it was that I am not used to charts. I only used 2 repeats of the pattern instead of the 31/2 called for. Emily does not like tall socks so I made it short. I would make the pattern again.
I am waiting patiently for the tour de france to start but I need a pair of socks to work on so it is back to the opal. I have the ribbing done on one sock and am starting the leg. It is mindless knitting and feels right just about now.






5 comments:

Kate said...

The Socks from Hell came out really nice. I'd ask for a pair, but I have my Ravenclaw socks and you'd kill me if I asked for the Waving Lace pattern. Besides, you still need to finish your socks for yourself.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely cannot abide charts. If there isn't a word-for-word translation, the pattern isn't for me.

Susan Pandorf said...

I resorted to mindlessness yesterday too. Just what I needed after the monkey fiasco and a rough weekend. Of course, I wound up frogging the st. st. ruana I started (just not crazy about the colors. Oh well, at least I'll get a refund at the LYS!)

Thanks for all your comments on my blog. I dont have your email, so can't always respond directly, but I always read and so appreciate your input.

Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your kind words on my blog. Your support is appreciated.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THEM!!! They may have been the socks from hell, but I absolutely adore them and worship your sock-knitting abilities. As promised, I have worn them even in the ninety-degree weather. They're lovely and comfortable at work, and I show them to every co-worker and customer who stands still long enough.

Happy Sunday!  I am sitting here working on my sweater made with the cashmere yarn my husband gave me for my birthday last year. I’m further...