Tuesday, June 26, 2007


Two posts in two days. Woot! I must have a lot of extra time on my hands so I should probably pick up my needles and knit. However, I got my new sock yarn of the month from
castleman fibers and it is really beautiful. So beautiful that I wanted to share it. It is called Dinner and a Drink. The photo doesn't show the deep burgundy/brown of the color as it winds its way into the bright orange. I am so glad I told them to choose whatever colors they liked because they are forcing me to see beyond my safe blue and neutral shades to more exciting possibilities. And now that I signed up for the Art Walk Yarn Sock Club I am looking forward to more new colors and designs. I am envious of those who design. I love to knit (who doesn't) but I must follow a pattern and can not imagine making one up. Thank goodness there are those of you out there with vision!

2 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

Now that is some pretty sock yarn...and it makes me want to fix myself dinner and a drink. For me that's a Lean Cuisine and a Mountain Dew. But that counts, right?

Susan Pandorf said...

How interesting! My yarn from Castleman's club is blue and green - so clearly he sends different strokes for different folks. First yarn club I'v seen do that.

Blessings!

Happy Sunday!  I am sitting here working on my sweater made with the cashmere yarn my husband gave me for my birthday last year. I’m further...