Thursday, June 7, 2007






The week has flown by and I have very little to show for it. No real progress on any wip and once again I ripped out the waving lace sock. After my daughter broke the bamboo needle, I started the socks on slightly larger metal needles and I think this is finally it. They look good and I don't think they will be so tight. The yarn is superwash wool but it feels like there is more than a little bit of cotton in it. There is very little stretch in it.
I am excited! I am an official member of nj knitters. Woot! Hopefully, I will be able to do some actual knitting this weekend and see some progress. Peter Kevin (my husband) and Kate are planning to ride their bicycles down to Batsto (the photo at the top is the Batsto mansion) and I will be in the clean up vehicle. I will drive down and meet them there with a picnic. The area is a state park. It is a partially restored mining village and it is really beautiful. It sits in the middle of the Pinelands. I think I will drive down and set up a chair and knit while I wait. I love to sit outside and knit. The natural light brings out the colors in the yarns and I like working with them more. Sometimes at night inside, the yarn looks dark.
I have decided that I am a process person and not necessarily a product person. The soothing process of feeling the needles in my hands and the yarn sliding through my fingers gives me more pleasure than seeing a finished item. Although, truth be told, finished objects are nice, too.

2 comments:

Susan Pandorf said...

Sounds like a great weekend to me. My hubby is out of town at his 30th college reunion this weekend (guys only weekend - no wives invited - POUT)

Oh, who am I kidding? I'd rather have a weekend to myself to knit and get caught up on the writing that actually pays the bills (which has suffered somewhat this week as I am having too much fun with the blog.)

I've never tried knitting outside. My perch of choice is usually the screened porch. Lots of fresh air / no bugs.

Comments seem to be few and far between, but I have 3 subscribers and the first link from someone else's blog as "blogs I like." WOOHOO! Send some of those NJ knitters my way please. word of mouth is still the best advertising.

Hang in there with the socks. It does get easier.

Time to go figure out how to splice the new ball of seasilk into the old on my wing o' moth. First time for everything. Maybe I can get a few more rows in before bed.

Blessings and sweet dreams Donna Lee!

La Cabeza Grande said...

Finished objects are few and far between at my place, too. I just love the yarn and needles and beautiful patterns too much :o)

Thanks for stopping by my blog and enjoy your wonderful weekend.

Happy Sunday!  I am sitting here working on my sweater made with the cashmere yarn my husband gave me for my birthday last year. I’m further...