Monday, June 4, 2007

I have been working on my opal socks and I don't like how the patterning is coming out. I wonder if I am not getting the crisp patterns in photos because I am using a 2.75 needle instead of a 2.5. Even though I am halfway through one sock, I think I will take it out and try it on the 2.5's when they arrive. I ordered the metal ones and now I have to wait for them, too.

I got my sock yarn of the month club and although my husband calls it "hari krishna sock yarn" I think it is beautiful. It is called "fire" and is a gorgeous yellow/red/orange combination. My oldest daughter has already expressed an interest but I think I will save it for my niece. I think she would love the color.
The weather is too hot for anything but sock knitting. The thought of a sweater or blanket on my lap makes me sweat just thinking about it. I have a good amount of sock yarn and I think I'll be busy for a while.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I will take your advice and try the site you recommended.
By the way, your daughter is lovely and sounds like she has her head on straight too.
I'll let you know when I start on the socks. I'm underwater right now with all the projects I need to do.

teabird said...

Hare Krishna sock yarn! I'd love to see that... Thanks for visiting Tea Leaves!

Amy Lane said...

I'm on a total sockyarn tear right now--nothing else makes me happy...I"m sure it will fade w/time, but right now, socks are the total thing... I like what you've shown--sometimes labels lie...

Happy Sunday!  I am sitting here working on my sweater made with the cashmere yarn my husband gave me for my birthday last year. I’m further...