Sunday, July 22, 2007

I had hoped to have a finished pair of socks to show for today but that is not the case. Yesterday was one of the most beautiful days that we have had this summer and Peter Kevin and I went for a drive to Lancaster, PA for the day. Lancaster is the home of a large community of Amish folks and it is some of the most beautiful farmland in the country. As we were drivingI realized that I forgot to bring the camera and of course, saw terrific photo opportunities all day. We like to drive there because there is a farm market with the best apple/cherry cider and we love it. They also have other food items that are not in our regular stores and every few months we treat ourselves to a drive to shop and look at antiques and quilts and lovely hand made items.
Now for the reason the sock is not finished. First, I made a Christmas gift this weekend while my daughter is away at her anime convention. I wish I could post a photo because it is great but she reads this and I am determined to hang on until Christmas. I am not good with the whole waiting thing. I like to give gifts and want to give it to her NOW but I am really trying. The second reason is that after 25 years of marriage, my darling husband still likes to hold my hand and I cannot knit with one hand so I put the knitting down and held his hand while he drove. I know, I know but I like holding his hand. I had to rip out three rows of the sock when I discovered I had made a mistake I could not figure out (hard to do in stockinette stitch) and I am in the process of finishing the last bit before the toe decreases. Hopefully today will be the day and I can post a finished product tonight.
Today is just as lovely as yesterday but the chores are screaming at me. Someone has to do the laundry(I already went shopping) and the house needs a sprucing up if not a full on cleaning. I straightened and lightly dusted and cleaned the floors. Isn't that enough? Can I knit now?

3 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

Holding hands is good. The sock can wait.

Apple/cherry cider? Oh man, that sounds good!!!

Em said...

The socks are done! Yay, socks! Well, they're mostly done. Really, all they're missing are some tasteful sparlky snowflake appliques and snowmen in compromising positions. 'Cause, you know, that's definitely what Dad's into.

Amy Lane said...

That's very sweet about the handholding...I know that sometimes my knitting suffers because Mate flops on the couch, holds out his hand, and it is my job as the mate to Mate to flop next to him and lean... but after 18 years, it's worth losing a little knitting time, isn't it!

Happy Sunday!  I am sitting here working on my sweater made with the cashmere yarn my husband gave me for my birthday last year. I’m further...