Saturday, August 4, 2007



This is my beautiful Katie who turns 18 tomorrow. The hat is the monkey hat from knitty (sorry, lost the link). I finished the hat while she was away at her convention in July. It is the first time I have done two color knitting where I didn't just do stripes that I knotted together. It was a small challenge but it is so darn cute. I just couldn't wait till Christmas to give it to her. Happy Birthday Katie!

(You'll notice she's knitting in the picture. My needles, my yarn, I guess 18 doesn't mean grown up.)

8 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

A wonderful hat for a lovely daughter! Happy Birthday, Katie!!!

Amy Lane said...

That hat is so awesome--happy birthday to your not yet grown-up girl!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a cute hat! Happy Birthday, Katie!

Kate said...

Look at that cute girl in the monkey hat! She's adorable! And the hat? TOTAL AWESOME. On a scale of one to ten, that hat is MEGA-COOL.

:D And thanks to everyone who wished me a happy birthday~

Denise said...

Happy Birthday to Katie, and to YOU as a mum of an 18 year old! My son is 18 too - welcome to the club! Very funny hat :)

MadMad said...

I loved that hat when I saw it on Knitty - it looks great on your daughter, too! Was it fun to make?

Em said...

The hat's awesome, the wearer's also pretty cool. And Mom, you're just so darned cute when you have a present to give. I notice you didn't mention it was meant as a Christmas gift, and you couldn't wait to give it to her. We all knew you'd never make it! You, more than anyone I know, get such joy from giving.

Susan Pandorf said...

Love the hat! The daughter under it is pretty awesome as well. Happy belated birthday Katie!

Lots and lots of birthday blessings!

Happy Sunday!  I am sitting here working on my sweater made with the cashmere yarn my husband gave me for my birthday last year. I’m further...