Monday, September 24, 2007



Parcel. Package. Present. Surprise. Today, my package from Olivia came. It had one of her pots in it and it is awesome. I love the pot. It is going to work tomorrow and sitting on my desk so I can show it off. There was some sock yarn from the Knittery and some Pink Grapefruit from Happy Spider. It is so pretty and will make cheerful socks for dreary winter months. As you can see from this other picture, there were some other really cool things in there. Unfortunately, blogger doesn't have smell-o-vision so you can't smell the lavender soap. I love lavender. There is a magnet for my fridge, a bright, colorful window sticker that I will put on my car window, a map with a decidedly different skew on the world, and an Aussie knitting magazine. The little brown beads are all hand carved native woods and they are so pretty. Very different from what we are used to. She also included some postcards and one of Jejune's note cards. They are so pretty and the detail is amazng. See, in the front? There is my pot.
Since I work in a mental health center, I am thinking of putting the map (which is an "upside down map" with Australia on the top) on a bulleting board with a caption about changing the way we look at things.....I think it may cause people to think and that is always a good thing.
Thanks Olivia! This was fun.

15 comments:

MadMad said...

What a great haul! I have some Happy Spider, too, and can't wait to try it out - it is so pretty and nice and springy, too!

teabird said...

A lovely package - and lavender is my favorite, too. It's soothing, and never upsets my allergies!

amy said...

What a wonderful package! Swaps are so much fun.

Em said...

It's so cool you got your goodies! Nice job, Olivia, looks like you sent her a great haul!

The yarn is just lovely, you're gonna have some real purty socks soon.

Georgie said...

Fabulous package! Olivia is so clever, her pots are stunning. And I love that Happy Spider colourway - lots of fun!

Rose Red said...

Lovely package! I think that is a great idea for the map too.

Anonymous said...

ooh, I like the name "Happy Spider"! Nice, nice goodies.

Amy Lane said...

Oooh, treats! And so fabulously photographed as well... nicely done Olivia!!!

Sheepish Annie said...

What a great package! I love the idea of the map going to the office...anything that gives people pause and a chance to reflect is a good thing, right?

Olivia said...

so glad you like the map - some people don't get it, I love the perspective shift.

Thanks for doing a swap, Donna Lee. I think it was a bit cheeky of me to suggest when I had offered to send you the pot anyway!

Anonymous said...

your idea with the map sounds perfect!

the hand carved beads are amazing. i bet they smell nice too.

TinkingBell said...

Nice nice nice - what a lovely parcel!!! It's always so nice to get a pressie (especially a surprise!)

Donna Lee said...

Olivia, not cheeky, just a good idea. Packages are fun and bring a bit of delight into people's lives. My husband, who was skeptical about the whole thng, said "so, when will you do this again?".

roxie said...

You really made out like a bandit with that package! Fun, unexpected delights. Aren't knitters the nicest people?

Donna said...

What a great package. I can't wait until I get mine from the Fall into Autumn Swap. It is my first and I am having fun making goodies for my secret pal. I so enjoy blogging with the folks from down under!

Happy Sunday!  I am sitting here working on my sweater made with the cashmere yarn my husband gave me for my birthday last year. I’m further...