Thursday, September 13, 2007




You Are Sunrise



You enjoy living a slow, fulfilling life. You enjoy living every moment, no matter how ordinary.

You are a person of reflection and meditation. You start and end every day by looking inward.

Caring and giving, you enjoy making people happy. You're often cooking for friends or buying them gifts.

All in all, you know how to love life for what it is - not for how it should be.






This is so me. I like my life slow and don't like to be rushed for anything. I did however stay up last night and finish the Tofutsie socks. They look great. I can't wait to wear them to work tomorrow. Now I can play with my Starry Night. I think I found a pattern I like. It's the Kaibashira Pattern by Magknits. You can find it on the Art Walk Sock Yarn website. For some reason I am having trouble linking to it here. I cast on this morning. The instructions say "Cast on 187 stitches" FOR A SOCK FOR WHOM? Then I read the rest and there are stitch decreases involving slipping 8 stitches at a time in the first row so you end up with a normal amount. It threw me there for a minute.



Thanks for the thoughts about comments and blogging. I tend to ignore folks who don't like me, although I remember when I first realized that someone didn't like me. I was devastated. How could they not like me? I was all of 10, I think and it was maddening. Now, I am more philosophical and say meh, no big deal. My girls are another matter. No body disses Mom. I raised them right.....

8 comments:

teabird said...

It's a beautiful pattern - I looked at that first row and thought "huh?" too...

Em said...

Ignoring mean people is probably the most effective way to deal with them. Inviting them to yell at you, not so much. Of course we defend you, nice lady. You're a great person, and besides, almost nobody deserves to be yelled at or put down for who they are or what they do. Let a sister (or a brother) live, you know?

Donna said...

I hope that person never shows up again...he brings bad mojo...You are tops and so are your daughters! Congrats on finishing the new socks and good luck on the next pair. Are you digging our cooler weather here in jersey?

roxie said...

I am so with you . . an unhurried, contemplative life is what I crave. It gives you time to think on good things - which grow. And I do love sunrises!!

Mistrmi said...

We are time-of-day-twins!

187 sounds like you're knitting the thing sideways!

RoxanneZYG said...

Hi Donna Lee - Chrissy dropped by to offer a suggestion on the pattern in the comments on the ART WALK blog - hope it helps. That pattern is so darling and I'd love to see it in Starry Night!

Amy Lane said...

You really are a sunrise! That's a nice thing to be... That's neat that you and your daughter are knitting together...if only I could get mine to actually FINISH her projects!!!




(And I checked out the bad mojo man? It turns out his entire blog consists of mocking people...isn't it sad how people without anything better to do have to spread the rancor?)

Sheepish Annie said...

I'm sunrise, too! We work in similar fields, so I don't think this is a huge surprise for me. ;)

I don't know what I would have done with that sock pattern...I probably would have lost a few of my "sunrise" qualities for a minute or two there, that's for sure!

Happy Sunday!  I am sitting here working on my sweater made with the cashmere yarn my husband gave me for my birthday last year. I’m further...