Because I have been tagged twice (Emily and Bells) to come up with seven interesting things about myself, I will try. I keep telling you, I'm just not that interesting!
1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post THE RULES on your blog.
3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag 7 people and link to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.
I am totally breaking the rules because I can't think of 7 more folks to tag but I'll try.
1. I was a girl scout for 11 years. I loved it. I stayed in until I had a run in with a leader who was all about control and power and I wasn't having any fun any longer. When I sold girl scout cookies, they were 35 cents a box. (yes, i'm old)
2. I can still twirl a baton after 3 years in marching band and also can step 8 to 5 (8 steps for every 5 yards on a football field). It's been over 30 years and the arthritis in my fingers makes it a little less fluid than before but I can still twirl.
3. I am a completely self taught knitter. There is no one around to ask so I depend on the internet and books for help. Sometimes because I have taught myself, there is a small, niggling doubt that what I do is any good. But as long as the socks fit and the wearer is happy, I'm good with that.
4. I was an exchange student in high school and spent 6 months living with a family in Wisconsin. I wanted to be a foreign exchange student but they picked my best friend and offered me the chance to go to another state in a "domestic exchange". I still keep in touch with the family.
5. I love wind up toys. I have quite a little collection on my desk at work and I wind them up when I am frustrated or waiting on hold on the phone. I find them oddly entertaining and good for mood lifting. My own mechanical anti-depressants.
6. I have very rounded feet. When I make socks and the pattern calls for more pointed toes, I have to alter it to fit my round toes. My toes are almost all the same length.
7. I haved a belly button piercing which I got with my piercing/tattoo buddy Emily. I got it when I was 46 years old. I was a "good girl" and would have never had the nerve to do it when I was young but as a 'woman of a certain age' I have a freedom that I didn't have as a young woman. I also have three earrings in each ear. I think I would like to pierce my eyebrow but my husband has politely requested that I refrain from any further piercing/tattooing behaviors.
There. 7 things. It's hard to think of things that are different. I am always amazed at the interesting things people come up with in these lists.
I am sitting here watching out the window for signs of snowflakes. We are going to get a "winter storm" sometime tonight into Saturday. To hear the weather folks, we could get snow, sleet, freezing rain, rain or a mixture of all of the above. I am holding my breath for some snow. We are running out of winter and I would dearly love just one snow storm. I even took a "tentative" vacation day tomorrow in case the weather is yucky. That way it won't count against me. If the weather is clear, I'll just go to work. Sigh. I'm probably going to work.
The photos are from a brief flurry early in December that set my heart a quiver.