Monday, April 28, 2008


Well, it's over. I have lots of observances but have taken some pain medication and probably wouldn't be coherent. For now, I'll just say that everything went well and I am home. For some reason I'm surprised at the pain. Traditional pain meds make me sick so I am taking tylenol with codeine. It works ok.


Here is the "too distracted to concentrate on the day before surgery sock" I worked on yesterday. It's Sockotta (cotton, wool and nylon) and had enough pattern to keep me amused. I really like it and at 9 dollars a ball, a bargain as far as sock yarns go. I have given it a short row heel, my first without a pattern. It even looks pretty decent. This will be good for me for the next few days until I don't need the pain meds.
Thanks so much for all the good wishes. I appreciated all the good wishes. Now, I think I will go back to sleep. I'm not sure I have a choice.

13 comments:

Dianne said...

I'm so glad you're home! I've been watching your blog all day hoping for an update. Thanks for posting. Hopefully Tylenol with codeine will do the trick. I'm sending "get better soon" vibes your way. :)

Bells said...

yep, sleep it all off. It's teh best way. Nice sock!

Sheepish Annie said...

So glad to hear that you are home and that all went well. Keep taking your meds and rest, rest, rest! Socotta is very good for that. Pretty pattern and mindless knitting. That's my prescription for you!

Georgie said...

So glad to hear you're home and OK - lots of rest and cups of tea and meds. You're in my thoughts ;-)

Galad said...

I thought of you often today and am glad that all went well. I didn't know sock therapy was good for pain but whatever works :-)

Megan said...

Oh, I'm trying to catch up on my blog reading. . .

I'm so glad you are home and recovering. I hope the sock knitting and the T-w/C. are getting you back where you need to be.

You spinning wheel looks lovely. I can't wait to see the fruits of your spinning.

Rest up, rest well, recover.

Bezzie said...

Wow!! That was quick and I can't believe you're blogging! Talk about a bounce back!

roxie said...

Blessings, dear one. And if the pain concerns you, it wouldn't hurt to call the doctor's office and ask if that much pain is normal. Sometimes, pain is a symptom that something is wrong.

Amy Lane said...

Sleep is good and vital... nice sock!

MadMad said...

Hope the pain isn't too bad, and that you're feeling better soon! Thank goodness for easy socks to keep us distracted, huh? Keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

Glad it went well - feel better soon!

GenerallyGemma said...

I'm so glad that you are home and that is all over! I think sleep is probably the best medicene in this case. Take it easy!

Olivia said...

Hope you have slept off most of that pain now. Wishing you a very speedy recovery so you can get back to you spinning journey!

Happy Sunday!  I am sitting here working on my sweater made with the cashmere yarn my husband gave me for my birthday last year. I’m further...