Tuesday, October 14, 2008



Look, we made the funny papers! Pearls Before Swine is one of my favorite comics. (And yes, I read the comics first each morning). Rat is so cynical and Pig is so simple. And sweet. I used to read the news first and then I went to a seminar and the speaker said that he liked to start his day with a smile so he read the comics first. That made so much sense to me that I now reach for the comics first and then if I have time I read the "hard news". It never hurts to laugh in the morning.

Today is the day I go to the endodontist and have the root canal retreated. I didn't sleep well last night, too nervous I guess. Today I woke up with raging allergy symptoms. I have medicated them as best as I can and now I just have to wait for the meds to work. My tooth hurts which is a good thing. At times over the weekend when it wasn't hurting, I had the thought that I could cancel the whole thing and just forget it. Not the smartest idea but appealing nonetheless. Today it's not a choice.

I kept working on the Opal sock and turned the heel last night. I had forgotten that I used Opal for another pair of socks and really like them now. It does bloom when washed so I'm going to finish them. The pattern is pretty but like all lace, is hard to appreciate until you stretch it out.

Have a good Tuesday. I'll be at the dentist if anyone needs me.

9 comments:

amy said...

Good luck!!

DPUTiger said...

I haven't gotten hooked on Pearls before Swine, but will check it out. I'm heavily in love with Darby Conley's mind (Get Fuzzy). Makes me happy that comics are available online! Good luck with your dental work. you'll be so much happier when it's fixed! :)

Alwen said...

Yes, good luck!

Dianne said...

Ouch. I hope your appointment wasn't too bad.

Galad said...

I always visualize my relief when the appointment is over. Somehow that helps me keep the focus on the positive (and I've had a ton of dental work)

Hope you are soon feeling better and loving your new socks. I'm finally on my second Spring Forward sock. Should have them done before spring rolls around again :-)

Bezzie said...

I like the Opal too. And thank god it doesn't cause cancer ha ha!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Sending you happy thoughts. I hope it goes well.

Rose Red said...

I rarely read the "serious" news in the morning - much prefer the comics!

Hope the dentist was ok...

Amy Lane said...

I love that comic--it's awesome!

Happy Sunday!  I am sitting here working on my sweater made with the cashmere yarn my husband gave me for my birthday last year. I’m further...