Thursday, April 30, 2009



National Poetry Month. Today is the end. So, here's one of my favorites




I'm Nobody! Who are you?



I'm Nobody! Who are you?
Are you -- Nobody -- Too?
Then there's a pair of us!
Don't tell! they'd advertise -- you know!



How dreary -- to be -- Somebody!
How public -- like a Frog --
To tell one's name -- the livelong June --
To an admiring Bog




-Emily Dickinson






And because Tolkien holds such a big place in my heart,




Still round the corner

there may wait

A new road

or some secret gate.

And though I oft

have passed them by

The day will come

at last when I

Shall take the hidden paths that run

West of the moon,

East of the sun.


Not really a hidden path there but a beckoning one anyway.

I enjoyed reading all the poems on people's blogs this month. Some were deep and profound and some were light and airy. I probably read more poetry this month than in all of the previous year. And that's sad. I'll have to rectify that.

3 comments:

roxie said...

Thank you. I've enjoyed your poems, too. And remember, your always somebody to us. (Sings, "You're no bunny till some bunny loves ewe...."

Rose Red said...

I agree - lots of great poems this month, none in the previous 11 months! Must change that!

And you know you only have to add an "L" to one word in the last line of the Dickinson poem to bring it right into the 21st century! Amazing.

TinkingBell said...

Lovely poems - and you're right, read more poems this month, than I have in ages, so I intend to spend sometime each week reading poetry - aloud.

Good wishes to Em from here too (and I take blessings and positivity wherever I can get them - there is not nearly enough goodwill in the world to turn some down!)

Happy Sunday!  I am sitting here working on my sweater made with the cashmere yarn my husband gave me for my birthday last year. I’m further...