Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I apologize for this but I'm worn out beat.  The last two days at work have been rough and I just don't have it in me to think of anything worth reading.  On the other hand, I wasn't really surprised at the results of this quiz.  As I was answering the questions, I could see where it was leading......



You Are Candy Corn





Your Halloween personality is whimsical, colorful, and creative.

You see Halloween as a time to get your creative juices flowing.



Each year, Halloween can't start soon enough for you.

You tend to go all out for Halloween. You decorate like crazy and always dress up.



Hallowe'en has always been a favorite holiday of mine.  When I was a kid, adults didn't celebrate it too much but now they seem to go all out.  I used to love making costumes for the kids and I've made some for Pk and myself, too.  One of our best was Little Bo Peep and her sheep.  Pk looked so cute in his sheep costume (I cut a shirt and pants out of a white sheet and glued cotton batting to it, he wore black mittens and shoes).  We won a prize that year. 

Now that the girls are older, they come up with their own costumes and I haven't made one in a few years.  I have a pair of 4 foot fairy wings that I like to wear with street clothes.  They're just fun.   I may wear them when I give out candy (along with some glittery make up and maybe I'll get some fairy ears this year, hmmmm).  I have orange lights outside the house and pumpkins are everywhere inside.  It's time to go to the farm and get some "live" pumpkins to carve (and some really good pies, too!).  We haven't had a lot of trick or treaters in our neighborhood and we always have a lot of leftover candy.  That's a tragedy, that is. 

What's Hallowe'en like in your neighborhood?

5 comments:

Rose Red said...

We don't do halloween in Australia. Although in some areas people make a bit of an attempt at it. I have to say, even though it does look like fun on telly (US tv shows) I'm glad we don't do it!! I don't really know why I feel like that though, I must think on it. Perhaps that's an idea for a post!!

Bezzie said...

The last time I dressed up proper was in 2001 when I was pregnant with Chunky. I went as a martini, and my belly was the olive.
Halloween is big in our neighborhood--tons of kids. But we live on a corner lot which makes it hard to lure children to our house for candy--boy that didn't sound right!

Louiz said...

We used to do trick or treating when I was a kid, and we used to go roaming for miles in costume banging on peoples doors. However we've lived in our flat for 10ish years now, and we've never had even 1 child knock on our door. And I think parents are scared to send their children out to knock on random strangers doors, which is very very sad. OK, we did once come home with toothbrushes and apples in our stash of sweeties (mean old biddies!), but we had fun. And our trick was silly jokes (and our friends all had similar. We didn't do nasty tricks)

This year my small girl is old enough to want to dress up and go out on Halloween and I have no idea what we'll do.

roxie said...

Halloween around here is often accompanied by a cold monsoon, so you want a costume that works over a waterproof parka. We get about thirty kids every year, and often, it's the parents that are having the best fun. My best candy-giving costume was a big piece of sheer black fabric shot through with gold thread. I just draped it over my head and, for the older kids, practiced my evil genius laugh. "Mwahahahahaha! Take some candy. Just take some." For little kids, I flipped it up so they could see my face, and smiled like a granny.

My favorite costume ever was one I saw from the bus as we drove past. A fellow was standing at a bus stop, reading a paper. As our bus passed, he lowered his paper to reveal his werewolf mask. It was brilliant!

Amy Lane said...

Some of our houses go all out! I've been run ragged the last couple of halloweens, but I really want to get into it this year. I promised the kids we'd buy some more decorations and some good costumes for them this year. Trick or treating is always more fun than I thought it would be!

Happy Sunday!  I am sitting here working on my sweater made with the cashmere yarn my husband gave me for my birthday last year. I’m further...