Wednesday, October 7, 2009


In October, we get a lot of rain around here so a morning in which the sun comes streaming through the front window is a thing to be glad of.  I took today off just because I could and this is what greeted me when I came downstairs this morning.  If that's not an invitation, I don't know what is.  I had some breakfast and then spent the greater part of the morning spinning some cloud soft alpaca.  There is a skein hanging out front in the wind to dry.

It's windy here today.  I like to watch wind but it makes me nervous.  I don't know whether it's something weird and subconscious or it's because the doors all over the house keep slamming from the wind blowing in through the open windows.  Pk is at the doctor getting his ears cleaned out (wax).  When he gets back, I am thinking of going to a lys that's having another going out of business sale.  Everything under 10$ is a dollar a ball and everything else is 80 percent off.  The sale starts today and goes till Saturday so this is my chance to find a bargain.  I hate going out of business sales, especially yarn stores.  This one has been closed for a while and I think she's probably just trying to get rid of the end of the inventory. 

Other than that, it's a quiet day.  I'm enjoying a day with no expectations other than a dinner to prepare.  I haven't been sleeping well and I'm tired but I'm trying not to nap.  I want to go to bed and sleep all the night through.  And not having a train blow it's whistle at 1 AM right outside my window would help!

6 comments:

Alwen said...

We had so much wind last night! Down on the pier on Lake Michigan, it gusted to 62 mph at 1am.

The wind kept me awake, then it blew the aluminum ladder over with a crash, then it made the power flicker twice (computer power supplies started to beep). . .

The next thing I knew, my DH's alarm clock was already going off. I'm ready for a nap.

roxie said...

Yeah, wind works on my nerves,too. Hope your day of spinning will help you sleep like a baby. (Just don't wet the bed, OK?)

teabird said...

what a lovely photo of the wheel!

Jeanne said...

Sounds like a very nice day off - I hope you found something nice at the yarn store...

Rose Red said...

Oh that spinning wheel in the sunshine, that is definitely an invitation!

Hope you picked up some nice stuff at the yarn sale.

Amy Lane said...

That spinning wheel looks SOOO peaceful! I'm glad you got a day to spend with it!

Happy Sunday!  I am sitting here working on my sweater made with the cashmere yarn my husband gave me for my birthday last year. I’m further...