Monday, October 19, 2009


The ice scraper got a workout this morning quite unexpectedly.  If I see that there is ice on the car, I usually go out and start it so it can defrost while I finish getting ready.  I thought it was just wet from all of the rain but as I was putting on my seat belt, Pk was knocking on the window and showing me it was frozen over. 

(Happiness is having someone taller than you who can reach the middle of the windshield with the scraper!). 

It should be a good day (my horroscope said so and they wouldn't lie to me!) since I only have one clinic and the last appt has already cancelled.  The sky was so clear and blue this morning, such a contrast from all the grey and wet of last week.  The temp is supposed to go back to more normal range this week.  I finally remembered to bring my wool coat to go to the cleaners so hopefully, the cold weather will retreat for a while. 

I realized I have 3 pairs of socks on the needles and they're all designed for me.  How selfish does that sound?  I think because all of the things I've finished lately have gone to others, I feel the need to make something for me.  There will be no holiday knitting this year.  Not enough time left to make a stab at it and I'm not one for putting stress on myself.  I'll continue to make my family warm socks but no pressure to finish them for the holiday.  And here's a scary thought, it's 9 1/2 weeks till Christmas.

Here's to a happy Monday!  May the day provide something interesting and mildly challenging but not overwhelming. 

9 comments:

amy said...

Even scarier, only six weeks until my son's birthday. And then Christmas will be only 3 1/2 weeks away. And I can't see past Halloween at the moment, really....

It was about 36 degrees when I got in the car this morning, and I was wearing just a wool sweater over a long-sleeved fitted shirt. I think that makes me a New Englander... :)

Bells said...

Oh happiness is indeed having someone to reach those hard to reach places for us! Yay for PK!

Three pairs of socks for you? that's not selfish, that's getting ready for winter!

Bezzie said...

Nah! Not selfish! I've got a pair of socks that I should probably be gifting, but I might keep 'em for myself.

LOVED the ice this morning!

Jeanne said...

I can't believe that we are having such cold weather in October - glad you had someone help you scrape the car!

Rose Red said...

I'm not doing christmas knitting either - too many other things to do!! And so little time!

Look at that ice!! I'm so pleased we never get weather like that!

Louiz said...

That really is a scary thought!

Alwen said...

That is one thing I really love about my little car, being able to reach the middle of the windshield. I had an extendable ice scraper for my Honda Odyssey, but it finally cracked one cold day.

Amy Lane said...

I'm making lots of basic hats... they're simple, quick, easy, and I do them in the car. Use some luxury fibers, people love you! And definitely go PK!

roxie said...

You need, NEED warm socks for winter. this is not selfish. this is realistic. Knit on!

Happy Sunday!  I am sitting here working on my sweater made with the cashmere yarn my husband gave me for my birthday last year. I’m further...