Wednesday, October 14, 2009

This post is being brought to you by verizon internets!  Yay!  The nice verizon guy came about 3 pm today and worked for about a half an hour and voila!  The electrons are all lined up and we have internets. 

So, now I can share with you the photos I took on Saturday.  This is somewhere in Caln Twp. in Pennsylvania.  Because the expressway is under construction, we opted for the back roads.  Most of the way it rained.    By the time we were on our way home though, the storm system had moved out and the sky was filled with these amazing clouds. 


This is my corriedale roving in Warm Wine.  I'm thinking of stringing some beads a la Tilly Thomas and adding them when I ply this.  Something sparkly.  I've never done that but have seen other people's and it's really pretty.  The technique doesn't look too difficult.  And Ms Thomas charges some hefty prices for her efforts.  (not that I would compare my beginner efforts to her professional work).

I'm still knitting on the bayerische socks, one repeat into number 2.  I still like the pattern but it takes a bit of concentration.  My train knitting is a pair of socks in the Sept color from the artwalk yarn club.  My skein is black and purple with little bits of blue running through it. There was not enough light to take a photo.  The black is too dark and doesn't show up well with the flash.  The light doesn't last too long this time of year.


I'm also working on the Wildflowers shawl in the yarn that amy lane sent me.  It's really bright colors but it was too dark to pick them up.  When we have a nice sunny day, I'll take her outside for a photo shoot.  I like the way the yarn is working with the pattern.  It's intended for me (but then so was the last one!).  It'll add some color to my winter wardrobe.

We are pleased to have our internets back.  Pk is celebrating by playing Call of Duty ( a WWII shoot 'em up).  I have checked on the emails and posted the photos and now I can go and read the blogs I don't get to read at work.  Kate and Patrick are washing the dishes.  We have the Boyfriend Rule in our house.  Whoever has their boyfriend over for dinner has to do the dishes.  (It probably works for girlfriends, too).  We figured if you have a guest, you are increasing the number of dishes used and should do the cleaning up.  Surprisingly, none of the boyfriends have ever complained.

The ply by night group has chosen a lace shawl or a pair of stranded color mittens as the next spin and knit project.  I was going to make the shawl but I'm thinking I might like to spin for the mittens.  The pattern is the Twilight Mitts.  The challenge is to sping the roving into two distinct colors to make the pattern work.  I have some white merino that I could use as a contrast but I think that defeats the purpose of the group. (the photo is from the seller's collection).    I like the challenge.

So, that's it for today.  How's Blogtoberfest going for you?





10 comments:

Bezzie said...

Hooray! Reconnected!

Oooo..I really like that bluey white roving at the bottom. Reminds me of clouds!

Rose Red said...

Oh, I love the colour of the wine roving - and I think beads is a fabulous idea!!

Oh, and huzzah for the internets!!

Alwen said...

I love that wine color, and oh look, blue sky!

This is the rainiest October I can remember for a long time. The only time it stopped raining was for our weekend open house.

Amy Lane said...

Wow... believe it or not, I'd completely forgotten about that yarn... but look at what you're doing with it! It couldn't have gone to a better home!

Galad said...

Yes, the wine roving is gorgeous! Glad you are connected again. Makes you wonder how we ever got along without internet doesn't it?

Louiz said...

I love that wine roving, it's a gorgeous colour!

And hurray for the verizon man:)

Bells said...

that's an excellent rule!

And that wine roving? Gorgeous.

Blogtoberfest is getting to be pretty hard. I've got two more guest posts lined up for coming weeks but gee I'm tired.

roxie said...

I like the boyfriend rule. Among other things, it tells them that they are not young gods, and will not be worshipped by the girlfriend. Doing dishes sort of puts you in your proper place.

Roving love! And the shawl is glorious!

I've wondered about adding beads to the yarn. Don't they hang up on the flyer hooks?

Dianne said...

Beads? I never thought of that! I can't wait to see how it turns out. The roving looks yummy. I hope it's not too rainy on Saturday - enjoy your relaxing time!

Jeanne said...

Yay! Glad your internet is back!

Love the wine roving - gorgeous color!

I like the roving you picked for the mittens - very pretty!

Happy Sunday!  I am sitting here working on my sweater made with the cashmere yarn my husband gave me for my birthday last year. I’m further...