Friday, October 16, 2009

Walking down the street this morning was like walking through a cloud.  A very wet cloud.  It was misting and an umbrella wouldn't have been of much use since the mist was all around.  It was cold enough for mittens and I wore an old pair I found in the closet.  I must finish my thrummed mittens soon.  Funny thing is, it's supposed to be 20 degrees warmer on Tuesday so not only won't I need the mittens, I won't need the winter coat I wore this morning.  Gotta love it.

I just finished teaching a Crisis Management training.  There were 7 people who didn't show up and now will have to be added to the training in November.  This makes me mad because we planned these trainings so that the numbers would be spread out all during the year.  November is the last one and I have a feeling it'll be a large group.  It's hard to have an effective training when there's 35 people in the room since half of the training is physical and we teach people how to break out of holds and block punches. 

It's almost lunch time and I'm hungry and my body is tired.  The trainings take a bit out of me.  I'm going to sit at my desk and do paperwork for the rest of the afternoon.  Sounds exciting, huh? 


My roving came for the ply by night challenge.  It's so beautiful.  I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to split the light parts from the dark to make two different colored yarns.  I split some of it and I'm not sure how it'll work out.  But, I said I wanted a challenge.  I found the Twilight Mitts pattern and I'm sure I can lengthen the finger parts since I want full on mittens, not mitts.  It's the tips of my fingers that get the coldest so I don't want to leave them exposed.


Rain, rain, rain.  We're getting rain until Monday so I'll pull out the boots.  Pk got all of his wood cut into boards and safely inside the garage before the rain started two days ago.  He's buying a book on building spinning wheels so he can plan and play for the 6 months or so it'll take until the wood is dry enough to work with.  This is going to be a fun project.

Tomorrow is our train trip.  I can't wait.

Happy Friday!

4 comments:

Bezzie said...

Ugh. I hate it when people bail like that on stuff. They obviously have never planned or conducted anything before in their life.

Have a warm and fun weekend!

Saren Johnson said...

Yea, hate it when people think they are too busy to show up. They won't be any slower next month, in fact it might be worse because of the holiday.

roxie said...

Have a splendid train trip!

When dealing with most people, remember, if it wasn't for the last screaming minute, nothing would ever get done.

That misty, moisty weather is wonderful for the complexion. Just wear a hat, and a wool sweater.

Alwen said...

We are finally having sun today! Sun sun sun sun sun! I was starting to feel like my very brain was going wrinkly from all the moisture.

Happy Sunday!  I am sitting here working on my sweater made with the cashmere yarn my husband gave me for my birthday last year. I’m further...