In knitting news, this was a rip-out of a week. I ripped out most of the foot of Pk's sock because some of the stitches had fallen off the needle back at the gusset decrease point and when I replaced them, I misplaced one of the gusset decrease stitches and it was crooked. Would anyone ever notice? Probably not. But I kept looking at it and finally decided to just bite the bullet and rip it out. Amazing how relieved I felt when I made the decision and did it.
I also ripped out the latest clue on the Evenstar. I noticed that some of my repeats had some yo's that didn't seem to be positioned correctly. I kept looking at it and asking myself if I could live with it. I could probably have lived with it if all of them were the same but because some of them (most of them actually) were correct, I couldn't keep from comparing them. So I sat and started to rip out the stitches. After I pulled the needles out of the 620 stitches that make up the round, I discovered my lifeline had pulled out of about a quarter of the round. I carefully rewound the yarn onto the cone and as I got to the last row, I picked up the loose stitches and then safely made it to the part that still had the lifeline. I hadn't put a knot in the lifeline because the yarn is so thin that the knot kept getting caught in the stitches. It took about an hour to reposition the yarn on the needles. Now I have a week to work on this clue before the next one comes out.
We seem to be in slow-mo today. Pk is playing on the computer and I'm getting ready to have some breakfast and start the laundry. If the sun comes out, the bikes are coming out, too. We'll see if all these weeks at the gym have a payoff and I can ride my bike further than a block without wanting to die.