Thursday, November 17, 2016


I've been trying to write this for a week but this software is old and my newer ipad doesn't play well with it.  I'm experimenting with doing the writing on my desktop and then adding photos on my ipad.  We'll see.

I don't have much to day about last week's election result.  Except maybe for one thing.  It's been our way in this country to accept the outcome of an election whether your candidate won or not.  We all work together to pull our country forward.

Some years are harder than others......

In some more pleasant news, last weekend as I was getting dressed, Pk called up from downstairs and said, "Quick, look out back".  I did and I saw 3 young deer wandering in our yard.  We've lived here for over 30 years and never once have I seen a deer in our yard.  We were enchanted.

This might have been a different story if there was still a garden for them to attack but since the garden is done for now, they were welcome guests.

I only got one photo of the neighbor's gorgeous trees this year.  Shortly after I took this, the weather got windy and now most of the trees are naked.




Emily has a long time friend who is having a baby in January.  I pulled out a crochet hook and my rusty crochet skills and am working on a lacy receiving blanket.  It's really pretty with a nice, soft halo.  It's an acrylic blend but part of that blend is mohair.  Now, I like mohair as much as the next person but it is a PITA to crochet.  Especially when your basic skills are not as sharp as you might like them to be!  I have started over a few (ok, 10) times and have cut off large swaths of the fabric because I didn't like the way it looked.  I have until Dec 3 so I have to stop dithering and finish it. 


Image result for thanksgiving clip art imagesThanksgiving is coming up next week here in my part of the world.  It's one of my favorite holidays.  Family, good food and togetherness.  I am cooking this year and Emily and Jim are coming for dinner.  We will make our traditional menu (there will be a mutiny if I change a thing) and watch the parade and maybe a game or two. 

Friday, we took off and will make Fruit cakes and perhaps on Sunday we will make a trip to the Columbus Flea market.  It's absolutely huge and a ton of fun to walk around.

So, how are you doing in the wake of this tumultuous election season?  Are you settled back down?    I think the next 4 years will be anything but smooth.....

2 comments:

Saren Johnson said...

We see deer every once in a while crossing the road, but not in the back yard.

Olivia said...

That is pretty cool to see deer in your yard! We get the odd kangaroo/wallaby in suburbia. We've found the election gripping and very bizarre from over here too. (Also Brexit). Strange times.

Happy Sunday!  I am sitting here working on my sweater made with the cashmere yarn my husband gave me for my birthday last year. I’m further...