Thursday, February 8, 2018

It’s been almost a month and while it has zoomed by, it’s been full.
A week ago, I had the cataract removed from my left eye.  I get to tape the lovely plastic device to my face at night so I don’t inadvertently rub my eye as it continues to heal.  I have 20/20 vision in that eye now!  As a person who has worn glasses since I was 7, it’s remarkable.   I have a small cataract in my right eye but that one will wait.  The vision in that eye is 20/50 and is correctable to 20/20. In about 2 weeks, after my eye has had more time to heal, I will get new glasses and be able to see clearly for the first time in months.

Look at that grey hair!  It was sorely in need of a good cutting so the day after the surgery, I got it done.  It felt so much better.  And there’s almost no color left in it.
This is right after we left the hairdressers.  She always dries it with bangs but I mostly push them back.  I love my hair color.  I like it short.  It makes me feel a bit more modern and less old-lady-like.  If my mother were alive, she would be scolding me right now.  She colored her hair until the day she died.  She thought women should never let people know how old they are.  Well, I am 60 and this is what 60 looks like on me.  

We’re going to a “sprinkle” for Kate this weekend.  It’s a small baby shower.  She is nearing the end of her pregnancy and will be very glad when it’s over.  This baby is very active and has managed to kick Kate hard enough to send her to the ER with pains.  Could be a good soccer player coming into the world!

Peter Kevin is still looking for a job but El had an interview today at a local store.  Fingers are crossed for her to be successful.  

I’m home today because it’s parade day in Philadelphia after the Eagles won the Super Bowl last Sunday.  They expect 3 million people to crowd into the city today.  Since I normally travel into the city for work each day, all of these people would make that commute difficult to say the least.  I opted to use a vacation day.  There were lines out of the  train stations and around the buildings today.  And they stopped selling tickets last night so some of those people may be disappointed.
That’s City Hall in the background.  (Full disclosure, I did not take the photo.  I found it online and borrowed it). Look at all those people! My brother and his wife are huge fans.  He’s been waiting for this his entire life.  They are the people who paint their faces and go to games.  We are not football fans in our house.  We watched the game on Sunday and it was exciting enough to keep our interest. The only game we watch regularly is the Army/Navy game.  So going to the parade was not something we even considered.  I’m content to look at the crowd from the comfort of my living room.

Today, I am going to do some knitting and smell the stew I’ve got going in the crockpot.  It’s a beautiful day.  Sunny and cold.  Not a bad day for a parade, or for sitting with some hot coffee and watching the world go by.




7 comments:

Saren Johnson said...

20/20 vision? What's that? =^.^=

I color my grey hair with lovely shades of purple and blue.

Galad said...

Glad to hear that the surgery went well. It must be exciting to see again! I've never colored my hair so am just watching the red continue to fade to grey and blonde. Maybe I need to add some purple to keep things interesting :)

Alex Warn said...

High stress, a main cause of several health issues can be easily alleviated by making use of ginseng milk. Some of the main health benefits of including ginseng in daily diet include increased blood circulation, Best Testosterone Boosters enhanced memory power and boosting energy production in cells. If you are in search of a natural remedy to alleviate troubles like low testosterone level, feel free to make use of ginseng in daily diet. For the best result, try to include ginseng twice or thrice per day in daily diet.

Alex Warn said...

Effective weight loss - of course! Nowadays it's the main fasting benefit, and the key reason why most people get into it is fasting for weight loss. Actually, our bodies are designed to live long without food, Best BCAA Supplements as we did in the elder days. When we eat, our liver and muscles store energy as glycogen. In the fasting days, our body uses glycogen first for a couple of hours, then it starts burning off the fat.

Alex Warn said...

It is not going to take place overnight, the human body doesn't work like that. The main thing is that you relish your journey. Ketozin Gradually boost the time spent exercising. Obesity in men is increasing. Everyone wants a wonder pill that enables them to drop some weight instantly with no effort. The quantity of weight or fat you want to lose doesn't matter.

Alex Warn said...

Effective weight loss - of course! Nowadays it's the main fasting benefit, and the key reason why most people get into it is fasting for weight loss. Actually, our bodies are designed to live long without food, Retro Lean Forskolin as we did in the elder days. When we eat, our liver and muscles store energy as glycogen. In the fasting days, our body uses glycogen first for a couple of hours, then it starts burning off the fat.

Alex Warn said...

You can include potatoes like red potatoes, russets, purple potatoes, white potatoes, and sweet potatoes to increase testosterone. It is also rich in nutrients. You can also consume zinc rich foods like banana, eggs, oysters, fish, pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds. The levels of testosterone start declining gradually from the age of 30 years in men. It is produced in the testes of men. Best Testosterone Boosters Lack of sleep, which is one of the low testosterone causes, affects the production of hormones in your body. You need to ensure sound sleep along with using the low testosterone herbal treatment. You can reduce the TV watching hours and use that time for enjoying sound sleep of 7 to 8 hours daily.

Happy Sunday!  I am sitting here working on my sweater made with the cashmere yarn my husband gave me for my birthday last year. I’m further...