Friday, April 27, 2007

Well, we are back in the cold, wet weather again. The pictures on the televison news show flooded roads and basements. I think NJ is in danger of washing away...

I spent yesterday finishing a pair of socks for my daughter. They came out quite nice, made of Castleman's "under the sea" colorway. All pretty greens and blues. I started to work on a pair of Crusoe socks from Knitty's sprint 03 issue and so far they look pretty good. The only problem is that I want to finish them before June 2 because I want to give them as a gift.

I spent today at a school play as my niece's "special friend". It was great fun and afterward we did girlie things and got our nails done (french manicure for me, powder blue with flowers for her) and had lunch. It was much better than the day I had Wed, when I had to face the dreaded mri. They may call it an "open bore" but it was still a little small for me and my claustrophobic self. Now the long wait for the results. I don't know why it takes so long when they know we are anxious to hear the answers.

Well, the socks are calling.

No comments:

Happy Sunday!  I am sitting here working on my sweater made with the cashmere yarn my husband gave me for my birthday last year. I’m further...