Friday, May 18, 2007

I have never posted from work before but I am sitting here waiting for a decent time to go home. I don't really have much work that is due (there's always something I could be doing) today and I have been reading blogs (knitting and otherwise) for a while. It inspired me to write. I really enjoy reading what other people are doing and often through the blogs find patterns or sites that I find something amazing and new I didn't know before. I am learning all the time and this process becomes more interesting as time goes by.

The socks for my daughter2 are taking forever because I keep finding what look like flaws (hard to tell because the photo is not very clear) and I keep ripping it and starting over. I am determined to finish one all the way through and then decide if I like it. I also have a complicated twisted stitch, cable knit sleeve on the needles and while the weather stays cool I feel like working on that. Only two needles will feel strange after so many socks.

I am waiting for my wool to arrive from Angel Yarns. I am excited although the yarn I ordered with the thought of hiking socks for my husband is not what the pattern calls for and I guess I will just have to (sigh) buy some more.

This will be a good knitting weekend, cloudy and cool with rain. I'm glad we didn't plan on any camping.

No comments:

Happy Sunday!  I am sitting here working on my sweater made with the cashmere yarn my husband gave me for my birthday last year. I’m further...