Wednesday, May 2, 2007

This morning I had the opportunity to meet Dr. Dan Gottlieb in person. He is a local radio personality, a psychologist who does a show called Voices in the Family and I really love listening to him. He is so gentle and kind to people. He reminds us that we need to be good to each other and to ourselves. Dr. Dan is in a wheelchair and has quadraplegia after a car accident over 25 years ago and has written a wonderful book called Letters to Sam, a series of letters written to his grandson who has autism. It is an intimate look at his love for his grandson and his daughters. I hung on his every word. He was funny and serious and very kind. If I ever need a therapist, I want Dr. Dan.

My sock for my departed coworker is knitting up faster than I expected. The dark colors of yarn I have chosen are her favorites and it is really pretty. My yarn of the month (from castleman yarns) came today and it is beautiful. Purple, blue red all mingled together. I am already looking forward to finding a perfect pattern (and my 17 year old daughter who already owns a pair of hand made socks already has called "dibs" on it).

No comments:

Happy Sunday!  I am sitting here working on my sweater made with the cashmere yarn my husband gave me for my birthday last year. I’m further...