Friday, May 11, 2007

Well, my girls were reading my blog, although I am not sure why since I live in the same house and they could just as easily talk to me, and they wondered why I called them 'nominally catholic'.
I was brought up with a hodge podge of religion, all christian of one sort or another. I attended church and sang in the choir, went to vacation bible school, the whole bit. My parents were not religious and my friend's mother used to take us to church with them. As I grew up and started to ask questions and form my own opinions, we never talked about religion. I was determined that my children would be able to make their own decisions and we would talk about religious/spritual things. We have. All three girls were christened in the catholic church and made their 1st communion because my husband wished it. As they grew and asked questions, I would try to answer them as carefully and honestly as I could. I encouraged them to read and think for themselves and make up their own minds. I have three of the most independent minded young women you would ever want to meet. I am not sure exactly what they think about religion but I know they are thinking about their world.
I believe there is a greater good and we are all part of it. I believe that what you think on grows and if we all focused some part of our mental energy every day on positive thoughts that the world would be a better place. I believe in being honest and true to yourself and helping others who are in need. I believe in being good to yourself and treating everyone, including yourself, with respect. I believe in doing your best every day and laughter, lots of laughter.
The socks continue to inch along. This nice weather encourages me to get outside and sit and knit. What a great way to spend an afternoon.

No comments:

Happy Sunday!  I am sitting here working on my sweater made with the cashmere yarn my husband gave me for my birthday last year. I’m further...