Thursday, July 26, 2007

Yay! The yarn I ordered for Olivia came today and now I can put together a box of New Jersey goodness to send her way. I was getting it ready when my husband reminded me that we aren't allowed to take boxes that are already closed up to the post office. They have to be open and they will close them there. They have to see the contents. How weird is that? I believe in national security but we are becoming a bunch of paranoid weenies.

I chose a sock pattern for my prize yarn. I am trying hourglass eyelet pattern from Magknits. I say trying because I have ripped it out twice because my stitch count seems to be off. I, of course, will keep trying until I get it. Kate is wearing her orange and red monkeys today and they look fabulous on her feet. I'd photograph them if she stood still long enough.

A good knitting weekend coming up. The weather is supposed to be rainy and yucky. Oh darn...

6 comments:

Amy Lane said...

You guys get yucky weather, and I get sunshine that makes me feel guilty for staying inside...(so I don't...I go outside and let the kids play in the pools and knit...)

Meg said...

good choice for your prize yarn! I hope you can get the stitch counts to behave themselves!

Denise said...

Wow, that is kind of paranoid... here in Oz the post office just has to sight a photo ID for you before you can post a package overseas. We haven't got to the 'let's see what you're sending' stage (yet?).

I'm sure Olivia will love her pressies! And good luck with your lace socks - it's a lovely pattern :)

Sheepish Annie said...

Seriously? You have to leave the box open? I've mailed a bunch of packages this summer and no one ever asked me to open them! I used mailing envelopes, though and they were all domestic destinations. But still...now I'm probably on some sort of terror watch list!

MadMad said...

I've sent packages recently (including TO Iraq, of all places...) and I just took them in already closed... Wonder why it's different in NJ. (Though I guess Boston doesn't have the best track record for security, does it?) Anyway. Cool pattern for you new yarn. I think I'm going to try Monkeys - I didn't love them on Knitty, but everyone else's have managed to convince me I must not have been seeing straight that day...

Em said...

The swap package is awesome! I am particularly jealous of some of the contents, which I can't reveal, as Olivia reads Mom's blog (probably more regularly than i do, i just like to drop in and add a little something ...odd). But yeah, the swap package is great!

The monkey socks are awesome, and I have only one question for you, nice lady--when do I get my second pair of socks? :-)

Happy Sunday!  I am sitting here working on my sweater made with the cashmere yarn my husband gave me for my birthday last year. I’m further...