Saturday, September 8, 2007




It came today. I knew what it was by the postmark and I wanted to prolong the anticipation just a little. So, I put it aside as I finished one more chore. And then I couldn't wait anymore. Here it is, the colorway is Starry Night and it is named after the painting by Van Gogh. It is beautiful. I knew it would be because Roxanne has such a good eye for color. This is the second month of the Art Walk Sock Yarn and I am loving it. Not only do I get some lovely yarn but Roxanne includes a page showing the painting and giving some info about the artist and the particular painting. Starry Night has always been one of my favorite paintings and the colors she pulled out of the painting for the yarn are so lovely. I promised my oldest daughter, Elanor, that she could have the socks made from it but I am having second thoughts. What kind of mother would deprive her child of socks so she can make some for herself? (even though the child is 23 and able to make some of her own if she could knit). I'll probably give them to her.
And I noticed that now my Knitting Daily button has disappeared. What is going on? Where are these buttons going? Are they floating around the blogosphere waiting to be snagged and brought back to the page? So, if anyone sees my knitting daily button, (or my meez for that matter) let me know.

15 comments:

amy said...

Good mothers treat themselves, too. You deserve those socks! Teach her to knit instead. (You know, give a man a fish, teach a girl to knit...)

I can see your Knitting Daily button just fine, btw.

TinkingBell said...

Oh lovely lovely - let her knit her own darn socks (or possible engage in spectacular grovelling, abasemenst and sucking up ) in order to have those socks!

MadMad said...

I see your knitting daily guy, but your meez must be out bar-hopping... which is more than I can say for myself, this fine Saturday night... anyway... that is some gorgeous sock yarn. I don't think the contract says anything about ALWAYS being a nice mommy...

Taphophile said...

I see the yarn and it is good. You deserve that yarn. Knit the yarn for yourself, you know you want to.

Bezzie said...

Holy crap, that yarn is making me dig the idea of that yarn club even more!

roxie said...

Isn't that yarn just luscious? You know, I bet you could buy another skein of it from Roxanne and knit two pairs of socks. . .

Em said...

The yarn is just fabulous. And don't you deserve fabulous socks? I say you do. Unless, of course, the other option is to give me fabulous socks, which I am always in favor of. Is that an option? I only have two pairs...

Edward C. Foster said...

Who cares about a package of yarn.

Is your life so boring that a package of yarn is something to post about?

Ed

Amy Lane said...

Ooooh... that's gorgeous... not only do you get to make pretty socks you get yourself some 'kulcher' as well!

Em said...

Who crapped in Ed's cornflakes this morning?

Donna Lee said...

guess so, Ed.

Anonymous said...

oh this yarn does look very pretty. i think it's even prettier than the painting.

roxie said...

Maybe Ed's life is so narrow that he can't appreciate other people's enthusiasms. I got my Starry Night yarn and squealed and danced with it and DH was delighted by my pleasure.

Who is that mean Ed guy anyhoo?

MadMad said...

GASP! What a wipe! That is just INSANE! Clearly he got lost on that plane of his...

Denise said...

I love the sock yarn, I agree, knit it for yourself!

I figure that Ed has such a sad life he needs to be mean to feel superior? Generally a sign of a small intellect... just delete his posts, if he has another go.

Happy Sunday!  I am sitting here working on my sweater made with the cashmere yarn my husband gave me for my birthday last year. I’m further...