Saturday, October 10, 2009

For better or for worse
For richer or for poorer
In sickness and in health
Until death do us part


Twenty eight years ago today, Pk and I said those words to each other in front of friends and family in the church in which he grew up.  I remember being excited but not nervous.  We had been dating for about 6 years (since our senior year in high school) and I was as sure of this as I was of anything.

It's been a good 28 years.  Pk is not the man I married in 1981, he has grown into so much more.  He is more talented and amazing that I ever thought.  And I'm the lucky woman who gets to spend her life with him.  He loves me despite my flaws and thinks I'm beautiful.  Who could ask for more than that?

Not me.

Happy Anniversary, my dearest Blue.  I love you more than ever.


Yours always,

Yellow

I am yellow
you are blue
together we make green
green is my favorite color

(a poem Pk gave me along with some yellow and blue and green flowers when we were in high school.  It still makes me smile)

13 comments:

Kaye said...

Happy Anniversary!

Jeanne said...

Happy Anniversary!

Saren Johnson said...

Happy 28!

Sheepish Annie said...

Happy Anniversary! 28 years...you two could write a book on marriage and it would be a best seller.

Bells said...

i love the line that he is not the same man you married. So many people say that and mean it like it's a bad thing - but after so many years, we can only hope that as a couple two people grow into different, richer more wonderful people.

Congratulations!

roxie said...

Ah, and as Kermit tells us, it's not easy being green, but it's worth it. Happy anniversary!

Rose Red said...

Happy Anniversary - you are both so lucky to have found each other and to have been able to grow together.

Louiz said...

Happy anniversary!

Galad said...

Happy Anniversary! May the next 28 bring you just as much happiness.

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

I love the poem. It's so sweet.

Happy anniversary. And by the way, congrats, you also won my giveaway.

Geek Knitter said...

Happy Anniversary to you both. May the next 28 years be filled with love and happiness.

DrK said...

an amazing achievement, congrats to both of you!

Amy Lane said...

Awww.... HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Happy Sunday!  I am sitting here working on my sweater made with the cashmere yarn my husband gave me for my birthday last year. I’m further...