Sunday, February 15, 2015

Las

This is an experiment.  I figured out (with some help from my IT man) that the reason I can't retrieve any photos taken after Sept 12 is that they are all saved in the cloud and I don't have that software on my laptop or my work desktop.  I remembered that I had this app on the ipad and now that I have a keyyboard, it might be more feasible to post from the ipad.  We'll see how it goes.  I have a memory of this being a tedius process.

This is the view out my front door this morning.  That's as far as I want to go since it's 9F (-13C) out there with wind chills far below that.  It's viciously cold and windy.  Needless to say, we are not venturing far today.  


Last night we tried an experiment.  These are papusas.  It's a cornmeal dough wrapped around cheese and lightly fried.  There is a Puppuseria-an El Salvadoran restaurant- nearby and we stopped once and tried them.  They are delicious and as it turns out, very simple to make.  Served with soup, it was like small grilled cheese sandwiches.  And easy enough to make anytime

This is what I have been working on for what it seems like forever.  It's a skein of Icelandic wool.  It's a simple 2 ply and I like it a lot but it's not the easiest fiber to spin. I have a skein of gotland that is a shade darker that I think I will use for a chulo hat for Peter Kevin since he lost his.  Icelandic wool is very warm yet very light and sturdy.

My oatmeal is getting cold so I am going to attempt to post and see what happens.  Happy President's Day!  Enjoy your long weekend-unless like me you have to go to work tomorrow.

4 comments:

Olivia said...

Yay, photos! That Icelandic yarn is beautiful, I love the colour(s).

Saren Johnson said...

Ick, you still have snow? We've got flowers coming up.

Galad said...

And I almost had to turn the air conditioning on last night because it was 81 degrees in the house. Crazy for February!

Amy Lane said...

Pretty pretty yarn, sweetheart-- and those grilled cheese things look evil evil tasty.

Happy Sunday!  I am sitting here working on my sweater made with the cashmere yarn my husband gave me for my birthday last year. I’m further...