Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Good morning and welcome to the Occasional Blog Post.  I am sorry for the long stretches of time between posts.  No excuse here, just LIFE happenning all oveer the place.

Since I talked to you last, I have made some of these.  The clear ones are garlic dill pickles and the brownish ones are bread and butter pickles.  They are both crispy and very flavorful.  

I finished Pete's Architect of Rivendell socks.  I tried to get a good shot but he is not the most patient of foot models.  These are made of Kroy Sock so they should wear like iron.  The gusset is on top of the foot and made for some interesting knitting.  I have heard people swear by this
(ignore the basket of clean clothes in the background) but I am not sure I like the design.  The socks are gorgeous with their ribs and arches and were sometimes a bit challenging.  It's good to step out of our comfort zone once in a while.
I went to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned and then to have a tooth prepped to be crowned.  It's not a root canalled tooth so I got three shots of novocaine.  And best of all, I got to bite down on the molding tray filled with goo not once but three times.  Have I ever mentioned that I am a legendary gagger?  But all went well and I will have my crown in on July 2.
I also finished a pair of Madtosh Sock in a color that they are only selling in NY City.  Kylie got it for me when she and Kate went to Vogue Knitting in NY.  It made the best stripes!  I have an inordinate fondness for stripey yarn.  I put them in the pile for Christmas but I may sneak them into my drawer.

Otherwise, things here are well.  I am looking forward to a visit from my ex-brother-in-law in July.  He and Pete were Navy buddies so he is looking forward to this visit.  It's been 10 years since we saw him.  

Oops they just announced the All Staff Meeting.  I completely forgot.  Catch you on the flip side.

3 comments:

Saren Johnson said...

Good luck with the crown. Those things are $$!!

Love the socks. They turned out very pretty. Do you say men's socks are pretty? I'm not sure.

roxie said...

What awesome socks you make! the Architect of Rivendell socks are fascinating!!

Galad said...

I looked at the pattern for those socks after you started and decided it looked way to complicated. Yours look great!

Happy Sunday!  I am sitting here working on my sweater made with the cashmere yarn my husband gave me for my birthday last year. I’m further...