Sunday, May 13, 2007

Heavy rains last night washed all of the humidity and pollen out of the air (and off the cars and windows) and this morning is cool and bright and beautiful. After checking in with all my favorite sites I did some online shopping for sock yarn (doesn't count, right?). Angel Yarns is having a sale on trekking xxl. I just finished a pair of socks using it and it is wonderful to work with. I got three balls (100 grams ea) plus shipping for 17 dollars. What a deal. One nice manly color for a pair of hiking socks for my husband for Christmas.

In other sock news, I started a pair from the Interweave Knits sock collection. It called for 2 circulars but I prefer dpn so I converted it and it seems to be working ok. It took a few tries because the design is charted and I am a verbal person. Charts give me a headache. It made me wonder, how many times does it take before I decide to give up and try another pattern? It's at least 6 at this point....

My husband is downstairs making brunch. No cooking or cleaning for this lucky woman today.

No comments:

Happy Sunday!  I am sitting here working on my sweater made with the cashmere yarn my husband gave me for my birthday last year. I’m further...