Sunday, May 6, 2007

Well, one of the season changing jobs that I dislike is finally done. We put away the winter sweaters and I washed (and ironed) all of the cotton summer clothes. Thankfully, although the sun is warm today, the breeze is cool so the ironing was not so bad. I hate to iron. I always think that the ironed clothes should be allowed to hang in the closet for a while before someone wears them. Since my husband wears dress shirts every day to work, I always have some ironing on the weekends.

But now the work is done. Dinner is in the crock pot and the breadmaker is making some delicious smelling herb bread. Now I have some time I can pick up the needles and knit. That is the best part of the day. It's quiet time when I can listen to my book on tape or just listen to my thoughts in the silence.

No comments:

Happy Sunday!  I am sitting here working on my sweater made with the cashmere yarn my husband gave me for my birthday last year. I’m further...